Sunday, May 6

Splendor

I just watched Splendor in the Grass, an Elia Kazan movie with Warren Beatty, my current obsession. It was quite interesting, the overall message: we might have had great times in our youth, but we grow old and things change and we have to keep moving forward and not dwell on those times, because we'll always have them as memories. This girl and boy were crazy in love with each other, but he leaves her to go to college, and she goes crazy without him. Years pass and they grow up and find new people to love, and when they finally meet up years later, their meeting is strange, they don't know each other anymore, things aren't the same, so it's awkward. But they both feel complete when they leave, because they know the feelings aren't there anymore, and they've had closure on that part of their life.
It makes me think, number 1, will i ever fall in love with someone the way people fall in love when they're young? Things change when you get older, sparks are fewer. And number 2, i think i'm dwelling too much on my past. I'm really not good at looking forward, I'm a very in the moment type girl. The future scares me, i prefer to dream about my childhood home, my family, where everything was perfect. But, you have to keep moving forward.




Sums

No comments:

Post a Comment