Monday, December 17

More Dreams

My friend has been having reoccurring dreams about snakes recently. She looked it up and said it means something about sexual tension, haha, but also that theres something in her life that she can't see, doesn't know about. I don't know if I believe those Freudian ideas, but I do think that it means something about her unconscious - her brain is playing on a fear of hers, or snakes came up in a book she read, or something. It's neat what dreams can say about us and our minds when we don't know it. They're almost like an alternate life you are living, or another person who is inside of you, living separately. I woke up last night, at 4am, right in the middle of dream time. I don't know what woke me up, but it was really freakish - I didn't know what was reality or dream, those two worlds were still so connected. My brain was in such a flowy, fluid, ephemeral, otherworldly state. My day-brain, my logic brain was turned off. It's weird to think of this whole other side of ourselves, the one that lives in the night time.We associate out beings with the day-time, awake self. But really we are composed of both. It's good that we get to know all parts of ourselves. I guess that's why I'm so interested in my dreams. I want to figure them out and get to know my night-self.


In other news... I feel like I've been a ton more social during exam week.... exactly when I shouldn't be more social. Just all these study groups, and running into people in the library, cause literally everyone is in the library, it is sooo full. I ran into k today in the lib, she was sitting with d, and it was fun, people stopped by, d is really chatty, and i got zero work done all day but it was fun. I've also been having a lot of study sessions with k and l, form meso, and it was fun at first, but it got pretty pointless near the end, we all have really different ways of studying. k likes to write every tiny thing from her notes again, i just write the important things, and l didn't do shit because she didn't like the class. It was a mess and when i finally left early tonight, i got done like double the amount we've done in a week. and the exams tomorrow. i'm past caring though, you know. I do have a huge paper for ah that i havn't started due in two days.... and i want to paint my family pictures for xmas... so much to do! Painting might be nice to do at home. Can't wait to get home. Apparently they have snow....


-sums

No comments:

Post a Comment