Sunday, October 16

Revised

Reading over past blog posts... it's like reading a diary. I realized that I have some updating to do regarding my weight stuff, eating habits and cosmetics. So first post: Cosmetics.


Face: I gently scrub my face with a loofah and a bar of soap. Shit's medieval!





Post-shower, a little Carrots, just a little bit, my face gets so dry after a shower and this stops my face from producing oil to soften it.

As far as makeup, I use it. My face needs it! I've considered tattoo makeup... is that bad? I use pretty run of the mill drug store brands, but after seeing a documentary recently about the stuff they put in makeup, I think I'm switching to natural stuff soon. Heres what I do:

First, make sure there are no dry spots with the Carrots.
Then apply stick concealer to blemishes, and smooth in. Also I use it on under eye circles.
Next brush on power to set: I sometimes use a translucent powder, most of the time an Organic Wear light powder.
Next blush: I've been using the same blush since I started using makeup:
An Origins blush, bough in Washington DC by my aunt!
Then eyes:

Out of all the eye liners I have tried; pencil, power, liquid, stick... gel is the best. I think what makes it the best is the brush. Important to wash the brush after every use, otherwise it will build up and become hardened. I mixed the brown and black gels together to create my perfect shade. I do a nice thick line on the upper lid, blended into lashes and softened. Than a small swipe on the bottom, I do it above the bottom lashes. I know thats bad but it looks the best. It does require a lot of retouching throughout the day. Sometime I leave this part out. Then a small cat eye swipe outwards to add shape to the eye, connecting top and bottom lines.


Then I create a sort of dark brown smokey eye with some natural toned eyeshadow.

Next, curl lashes then apply mascara. I use many different kinds.
Then highlighting: I use a great highlighter by Revlon:

Very natural and not sparkly but it highlights. I put it on apples of cheeks, bridge of nose, and on eyelids and brow bones.
I like to put a heavy shimmer on my the highlights of my lids sometimes... I use this when the mood strikes me:

SO. That's usually my thing then I'm ready to go.
Now, body:
Post shower I use a cream to moisturize everywhere:
I think I just love the scent; but it works.
Hair: still Bumble and Bumble Cocoa, and the split ends softener.
I always paint my nails with Milani Creme Brule - a classy, goes-with-everything color.




More to come!


Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment