Thursday, April 14

Update on the Battle with Weight...

So it's been a while, but I wanted to give an update. I had to stop buying fresh produce from the market because it was draining my bank account like nothing. So now I have to make do with campus food, which I thought would be difficult, but is easier that I expected. They have little tubs of hummus, some white wheat pita pockets, and I just take greens from the salads they have and use those in place of veggies. It works well and is very delicious. The problem is breakfast... I miss my flax cereal, it was so delicious. They have disgusting cereals here, captain crunch, etc. So that's been a struggle. I've also found I've been grabbing a chocolate bar or m&ms at the checkout counter without even thinking. And now i'm beginning to crave something sweet after every meal. It's bad. I was in that habit at home, and I had finally gotten out of it. Another thing to work on, aw well.
Another discovery of mine is SUSHI!! It's freakin delicious I can't believe i've never tried it before. Of course they don't have real raw fish, but they do have little rolls with cucumber, cream cheese, avocado, crab meat, and others. It seems really healthy to me, although I did look and the calories can be quite astronomical. There is one kind that i've heard about, called the Philadelphia roll, that is smoked salmon, cream cheese and avocado, which sounds heavenly, but they don't have any. *pout*.  I feel like I'm turning into one of the bimbos on The Hills or somethings gosh.
Yet another discovery, or rediscovery rather, is V8 juice. So delicious. I don't know how people can saw they don't like it, ti's salty and lemony and so good for you. Definitely a pot of gold!

So, I'm working on it. I feel like I'm obsessed with food now, and it's all I think about. Maybe it's my mind's way of distracting me from other things... But I still feel like it's unhealthy, mind wise. Food shouldn't be the first thing on peoples minds, it should be having fun, learning, skiing, parties, rock climbing, family, your future, your garden, your dog, your farm. NOT FOOD. It's so sad and pathetic and unhealthy this stupid culture of ours. Why is it so goddamned hard to live a good life in this culture??? It's not right.


-Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment