Sunday, September 11

Beautiful Day

Mad Men playing in the background... what an interesting show. The people are not entirely exemplary citizens but they're so... real. I can't help but think of my grandmother - she lived that life.
Anyhow, it is an absolutely gorgeous day up here. You can feel fall in the air - the sun is hot but the air is breezy and cool. Fall is my favorite time of year hands down - cider, apples, gourds, thanksgiving, leaves, sweaters, flannel, jeans, and soon, Christmas!! My second favorite time of year. I think I love the smells of Christmas the most, I have two candles, one cinnamon and one pine, and the memories and feelings come flooding back when I think of them.
I've been thinking about what to say to my counselor when I start up seeing her - she'll ask, tell me about yourself, why are you here, etc. And in thinking of answers to those questions, I've discovered a little more about my problems. Putting things in words is very helpful. That's part of the reason I'm going in the first place - having someone who I don't worry what'll they think of me, who I can talk with about my intimate problems, is good for me. A little time out of the day where I feel normal almost. I'm hoping I can start soon.
I also made some inquiries about volunteering at the humane society, walking dogs. I think it'd be great, getting some exercise and being around dogs, my own of which I miss so much! I was thinking about Saturday mornings.
This morning, Sunday, I went out early to the marsh and got some breakfast, then sat in the (my) pine grove under that tree that H and I sat under, and ate and read the Iliad. It was so perfect, and those couple hours out in the sun and fresh air really lifted my spirits. I came back and ddi all this cleaning and got a bunch of stuff in order! It's so funny. It would be a wonder to feel like that all the time. I wonder if that's even possible. But I now plan, every Sun morning, to go out and relax and read in the pine grove.
There's yoga tonight, I can't wait to go. I really wish there were more classes I could make. Stupid classes.
Also, the pottery meeting is this Wednesday! I cannot wait for that, I hope I get into the class on friday. That will be so great for me.
ALSO, I ordered a Nancy Drew game off amazon today!! It's pathetic at how excited I am, I know, I know. I've been obsessed with those games since I got my first one: Treasure in the Royal Tower. It was magical! This one is similar, about some castle in Germany. I was reading in the reviews that people of literally all ages play them! One lady was 78. I don't know what the draw is, it gets your brain working I guess. So, excited for that. A chair for my room will also hopefully be arriving soon.
So tomorrow: painting, reading the Alma Thomas controversy; logic, I don't know. arth - I still have to read that stuff! The discussion we had in that class on fri was mind-numbing. Everyone was so dumb they kept saying the same things over and over and didn't even point out the most important things. The teacher, Anthony, who's quite a looker, married though, handled it well. He's funny. Then mythology - I didn't see stalker boy last class, I'm praying to the gods above that I don't see him tomorrow. Or how about ever again? The class is really interesting, I wish he wasn't there to sour my view of it, and make me literally dread that time of day. Then hopefully, yoga in the evening. Then tues: swimming early, then hort in the evening. I should go downtown in between and get some concealer, look at the furniture stores, go to the borders sale... it supposed to be a nice-ish day. Raining tomorrow, and hotter. I hate that those sticky days.
I also should write H a letter.
And I need milk at the store!
And I need to figure out the rest of my life.




Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment