Tuesday, September 20

Rain Rain

Well mi amors, it's a rainy day today, which I love. They are so romantic and beautiful. Also you have the excuse of not going outside and hanging out with people. I can't help but be happy on a rainy day, however paradoxical that is. Which is why I feel great today, so far. Swimming was good this morning, then a little reading for mythology, now I'm off to paint - I have a lot of work to do - and I'm hoping to stay there until my 5:30 class, then after it as well. Out of 20 paintings I have 2 done! Ug, I'd rather not think about it. Painting classes make me so angry in general because they let you do whatever you want and don't give you any fucking instruction! In the olden days you apprenticed under a master painter and he would teach you what he knows. Why can't it be like that today, not everyone can learn painting, a very difficult discipline, all by themselves. It's made me start to think... maybe art isn't something I want to focus on in my future. A hobby, sure. But not a career. Art history is looking more and more enticing...



love,
Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment