Monday, March 28

Shrinks Pt. II

Just got back from the shrink... she's helping me more than any other shrink i've had before. That lady from senior year? What was her deal she had no idea what was going on.
But today, my shrink said some really interesting things that got me thinking. She said that everyone has different parts of the mind, and each part can think different way. I have one part of the brain that has taken over all the other parts, and I have personally identified with that part so now I think it is me. It like a little devil almost. This part is very critical, and compares me to everyone around, usually coming to the conclusion that they are better than me. But really this part is trying to protect me from failing and looking like a fool. But it has ended up hurting instead of helping. This is the origin of why I'm so cautious and not spontaneous and don't like change. I'm afraid of failing. But she says she can see other part in me to that are different, wiser, logical parts. What I need to do is slowly start to separate myself from this one part and incorporate all my mind into my thinking. The first step to this is identifying this part and when it take over. Because the second I do it will mean I have separated myself from it a little bit.
So, we'll see if I can do that. I really am excited to move on from this time on my life and start a newer, happier time.



-Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment