Wednesday, March 16

More Rainy Day Musings

My art history teacher gave us this pretty intense speech today. He said, you are here at college because of your own choices. You don't have to be here. No one is looking out for you, making you go to class, like in high school. Here, people could care less if you get bad grades. there are plenty of others that could replace you in a second. And it was such a slap in the face, because people have been helping me through my life every single step of the way, a constant guidance. I guess thats why college is so hard for me. I'm on my own for the first time, and I am being forced to acknowledge all my problems and faults, and deal with them. Learn how to get by with what you've got. And it's not a walk in the park, it takes a lot of strength and confidence.

Growing up is hard.

-Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment