Wednesday, April 4

GASP! Feelings!

Feelings... I can't tell if this one is because I'm so used to this feeling and it's comfortable now, or if it's just good to be feeling again period. I just painted a (masterpiece) painting for my friend, it's his birthday today. I took the basic design from somewhere else, but I spent so much time finding the right one to give to a guy who doesn't really know art. And it was really good, you know? It was really good, and I spent a whole afternoon painting it. Haha. So I gave it to him, earlier today, and he did the thing, you know when you don't really like something? "ooooooohhhh thaaaaaaank you its so .... niiiiiiiiice." Literally. Fake smile and all. But, I didn't just know if he didn't know how to say thank you, maybe. I just don't know how someone could not like it! I'm not being conceited I promise, and believe me I am very good at reading people. So... I'm just confused, and hurt that he didn't like it, didn't acknowledge my hard work. I tried my hardest and I didn't succeed. It's a bad feeling but it's familiar to poor old me. Sigh. So it goes huh? Those who have it bad have it really bad.

Ah well. Think I'll go read about Brahms and Mahler and drink some tea, and listen to the gusty wind outside, preceding the storm that's on it's way, making the pines whisper.

No comments:

Post a Comment